Wednesday, August 10, 2011

love is like a ripple

Hello all you furry sloths hanging from branches, chomping on leaves!
I'm at Macs with Zanymon and Hana(hey) and we're rushing our Philosophy presentation slides.
Okay no, maybe I'm blogging. *guilty face*
But I just have to write.
#nowplaying Giving Up On Love by Slow Club

Hana and I talked about how it's sad that you spend so much time with someone yet they don't seem to make your heart beat as fast. "Maybe he doesn't like you enough."
And of course you'd like that person to stick around but he/she will never make you feel that crazy high you do when you're with the person you're in love with.
Would you rather it be a firework or a ripple in a pond?
A firework is brilliant and sparkly and is set off by igniting a fire, and it looks like an explosive orgasm against the night sky. But look how it dies down so quickly and there we go, every spark spiralling downwards, as if forgetting it were once the most gorgeous thing in the world that was the envy of many.
But what if love was always meant to be calm. (And I don't believe in it being the envy of many either but if you succeed in making the world jealous while you're with me then... hee I chose the right man!)
I think the way I fall in love is like how a ripple is formed. It doesn't hit me with much of impact but feelings grow as time goes by. Look how a ripple is able to make waves and even touch borders and bounce back again.  Imagine tsunamis. It started out from a tiny ripple and look how it wrecked Aceh :/
I have to say that I find it mighty brave and strong-hearted of people to let time take them on that ripple journey. We could go surfing on waves and diving in deep waters. And to just let that linger. After all, water doesn't burn.
The word 'ripple' is starting to look like 'nipple'. Just sayin.

Anyway, I love you guys (and all my other friends as well, I know I'm known to be biased heh), as I've mentioned in my previous post. I don't want anything bad to happen to any of you and I don't ask for any of you to be strong but to just let me be the one who lived knowing you were all wonderful people.  We're now halfway through DTVM and thinking about it makes me feel like a total slug with a salt shaker mounting over me like a tower. I can't even see my own shadow. What am I saying.

Work kills but God's love restores.
Some questions will never be answered but there are some things we will always be sure of.

Love is still conditional.
I still can't wait to kill you.
x, sabertoothriena

No comments:

Post a Comment