Friday, August 5, 2011

Hello Science

Hello Science
love is conditional. no, really. 


You could tell me I’ll never win but who said I ever agreed to play the game? Come kill me Science,
come force your facts on my tongue so I will say what you want me to
Pour your codes and genetics into my skin
And try to make me the person you think me up to be
You prove me up to be
Let proof and rationality override all the unsaid and the great unknown-
But no, you didn’t see those clinking lids and porcelain eyes
You didn’t see that stationary gaze, like I was the gift of tongues being avidly prayed for each and every night
He couldn’t hold me, he couldn’t get to me, he felt like he couldn’t have all of me
Like I was too much, too big compared to anything he has ever endured and wanted
Wanted. Why couldn’t it start there? But it was supposed to stop there
Science have you ever seen me be harsh before?
Because I will send fire and dust clouds to your land
And burn your theories through and through
(I got to get to you, I got to see this through)
They are complex, but I am so simple
To simplify, to make easy, to fight for what I want
But watch me gently now, gentle is all I will ever be
That is my duty and that is our difference
See I don’t let anything go, I would like to try hard enough
Science, your stars have blinded mine but you forget that I am a portion of the Creator
Science, you told me you’d live with me and we’d co-exist
But we are two stands
Two philosophies, not worlds apart

Hello Science
You have posed such a challenge to me
And sure I get tired. My love is conditional, no really-
See I don’t play games,
so come kill me Science before I kill you.

We both hate pixie dust.
gotta stop breaking
gotta stop breathing
gotta stop thinking

me,
you,
of you.


With love,
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment