Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I don't really know what it means to be a woman, but here goes.

Hi!
So I suddenly found myself surfing sites that are really big on British fashion, and I realised I really appreciate clothes that boast a woman's figure, not a teenager's.
That got me wondering if I would ever lose the inner child in me (since I'm giving in to her most of the time and I can still get a bit rowdy from time to time) and what it really means to be a woman.
Or rather, how could I become a woman?
Physically, I can already be considered a 'young woman'. I just don't know where I stand mentally.
I've always liked pictures of pin up girls because they look so feminine and well, womanly. Which makes me question why pin up girls are appreciated and loved by so many all over the world: it's because of their confidence.
But with confidence, I could never dismiss the fact that a true woman would never pride herself in things that are fleeting but rather, things that remain.
That a woman would always do her best in everything that she does and be smart enough to never give her entire heart or to squander the best parts of her on a man who treats her any lesser than she ought to be treated.
A woman with the most resolute of minds, a woman with respect for herself, a woman who is more than a tease to the eye or a pleasant being to look at.
A woman who is more than 'cute' and 'pretty' and 'gentle' and 'sexy'.
A woman with heart, a woman with soul.
I want to be that woman.
I want to be one who is fully known and fully loved by her partner, a woman after God's own heart and a woman who is able to take control and surrender at the same time. But one who will never back down on things that bring her or her loved ones injustice.
And to always be a support for the people around me.
I don't think I have learnt to grasp 'femininity' should it be associated with 'delicacy' or 'prettiness'.

I think it all boils down to humility. And love. Which binds a woman to her husband, and every living creature on this earth.

Very random thoughts but this will always be something I will stick by.
Just something I wanted to write down here.
Also, I found these trinkets online that made me go :O
Sadly, Zappos.com doesn't ship internationally.


(The hippo earrings are my favourite.)
Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment