Saturday, January 7, 2012

A sudden bout of negative, unromantic thoughts

So I was reading Frankie and I came across this little story titled "Perth Is For Lovers", which led me to wondering if Singapore is the place for couples with no income. How about...no.
Falling in love in Singapore puts a couple in one of the most challenging situations ever because there is absolutely almost nothing to do and nowhere to explore. Especially if you've been here all your life.
You don't get theme parks that cost less than 10 bucks to enter, Orchard Road is overrated, there are no forests that can assure you that you won't get taunted by a random ghost, you don't get raunchy, themed sex motels (which, hey admit it, could be lotsa fun and yes I obviously watched Blue Valentine), we don't have high rocks or cliffs that let us jump off into blue, blue seas like free men, weed isn't legal and we don't have any great beaches to chill out at. Even the sand from Sentosa is bought and shipped from Indonesia.
Movies are so expensive and you can't make out in peace at the back. (Because I know I'm the type that turns around to stare at people kissing.) And I don't think couples would go to a club to spend more time together.
Though I think the upside would be the music concerts/plays/musicals/exhibitions at the Esplanade and MBS.
Or trespassing mansions and bungalows at Sentosa Cove and going swimming in one of the pools when no one's watching.
Not everything fun is illegal, but my point is that everything is so expensive!
Except if you're both fans of roti prata and hawker food, then that's just worth it because food is great.
Then again, if you're with the right person, going anywhere is fun.

Anyway my dad's wide awake waiting for my mom to come home from a wedding dinner.
I think he loves my mom very much.
Last night I was in bed with my dad and mom and I just can't hug my mom anymore.
It's sad, I know. I miss my mom. I wonder what has come between us.
I think it's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment