Thursday, September 8, 2011

house after house just like club after club


(i still feel this way when i look at you)

Wow, when I'm low, I'm really low.
But when I'm okay... I'm okay!
So.
I have been watching True Blood lately (though I really cannot KEEP watching it because it subtly influences me to become more vulgar and tactless in a way) and I am absolutely electrified by the buzzing chemistry between Sookie Stackhouse and Bill Compton.


And Anna Paquin, the actress who plays Sookie, is... stunning. The kind of stunning that takes awhile to register in your head. And when she gets angry... my lord. That's hot.


I didn't like her from the start because the gap between her teeth was really disturbing and okay, maybe the Texan accent came off as annoying.


But that's the thing about her- she isn't conventional at all and she is BEAUTIFUL at being that way. Her individuality is practically a gift.

This is my favourite picture of the goddess

Anna Paquin for V Magazine
Now I know why character creation is so important and thank god for learning so much more about it this year. After a few episodes, you see that she is the perfect protagonist because Sookie's character is such a strong catalyst by itself because she challenges boundaries NATURALLY. She has this rebellion and a cause for justice in her that's just bursting to be acknowledged for the sake of others. It is so important because good character keeps the audience entertained and wanting to know more- and there you have succeeded.



And Anna Paquin compliments that character so well. She is god-sent.

I could go on and on about her.
So besides believing this space needs more pictures, I have been struck with the sudden motivation of being a waitress at Jones The Grocer @ Dempsey Hill.








Credits go to: 
http://cwfoodtravel.blogspot.com/2008/10/singapore-jones-grocer-at-dempsey-hill.html
(because I have no pictures damn it haha)

Call me a classy snob but I absolutely cannot serve food at a fast food restaurant knowing it isn't the best food people can get!
Well, Jones isn't decided yet but I'd like to work in a restaurant that has their standard of food.
This is weird, I realise I'm not even wanting to work for the money.
Main reason is because I've been watching Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef US so much on Star World (I don't understand why Glee on SW is still at Season One) and another is since the holidays are here, I'd like to do hungry people a sort of.. uh.. service!
I could use that money as well.

So as my parents are away for a few weeks in Rome and are probably aboard a Black Sea cruise right about now, I have been bored as a hog and in need of an adventure.
Of course I always have the option of sitting home to paint and read and to catch up on TV shows but I want to get up and away from the Macbook/Facebook/technology and spend good, solid time with friends.
I want to move and travel- go walking, go learn diving or take up a cooking class with my friends and have a ball!
Do the unconventional!
Grow algae! ok maybe not haha

Yesterday I was out with Angel for lunch at Sushi Tei and it was major girl talk.
I've missed her so much and it's always so comfortable and fun being around her.
Boys really do affect us girls and we know they're right when we see ourselves change for the better. Somehow :)
VANIDA LOH WHEN AM I SEEING YOU?!?!

Anyway.
The projects/things that I am looking forward to are:
1. Writing a script with Perry for our upcoming theatre showcase
2. Getting the band together to register for an audition with Anaki Records
3. Cycling + sleepover + trekking with my favourite people
4. Painting Belle's wall
5. Painting more random pictures on my own wall
6. Participating in more poetry slams and writing more good-for-the-heart stuff
7. Buying cables with Jon
8. Meeting secondary school friends
9. Trying all kinds of new food/cakes/whatnot and writing reviews about it
10. Last but not least, practicing the guitar like mad and trying to get that thumb over the neck

And you ask, how could I be bored.
Yeah how could I be bored?
Sigh, but adventures are no fun when you're alone.
I am selfish and I want company.
Think I've been pretty lucky, everytime I get ridiculously bored, someone texts me and I'm off for the night!
But I'm off to read more fairytales for the day!
Can't wait for theatre rehearsal on Friday.
AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment