Saturday, October 8, 2011

sacred

Inside Out was magical.
Being part of such a fun show is always magical (cue wand joke).
I love how everyone dances backstage and how we secretly spazz everytime the audience laughs.
My body gets this crazy tingle when it's my turn to be on and oh god, I absolutely love being involved in the set changes.
Being secretive + hiding behind black curtains with a bunch of adorable boobs is seriously my thing.

I was thinking how Rodney our director reminded us that the theatre is a sacred place.
It really is, because all humanity is at its most treasured and precious form there.
I thought about how we don't need to scream and cry to show a sort of strength that is derived from pain- and how the theatre has made me feel so fortunate because it serves as a space to amplify and showcase one of the most admirable human characteristics.
I felt so thankful when I was home.
Even if I forgot that God was the one who gave us all this talent in the first place- He gives so abundantly and I know that, because I can see it all around me.
Anyway the walk home was so good because for awhile, there were no cars.
Just me, empty roads, quiet trees and freezing weather.
The best kind of moments that keep me alive.

Never felt more grateful to have such loving friends in my life.
The ones who always, always make it for our shows.
The ones who are always there to catch you when you're about to fall- yeah they're that good.
And they won't get up until you get back up on your feet as well.
While being my emotional pillars, they bruise alongside me.

I remember how you told me I must control myself when showing someone that I ____ them.
I believe that sometimes we don't run towards opportunities and that's okay.
Sometimes we make the wrong moves on purpose.
But. But.
So what?
Because then we wouldn't need miracles.
And miracles wait.
Great is the love that comes without warning.
What are you. Ugh.

Party in da basement tomorrow<3

No comments:

Post a Comment