Tuesday, July 19, 2011

narnia

Tuesday afternoon and here i am, lazing on the bed in my favourite Boston pullover that smells like donut and Seth being as charming as ever.
Class got cancelled but i hope miss wee's mama is fine.
Seth is my new pet lion.

~
Actually Seth kinda looks like a wolf with a mane

The weather is pretty tame now.
i am relaxed. finally. it has been a long time since i've been pampered with an afternoon like this.
i can feel the dampness of my recently showered scalp against my pillow and my hair smells like Bobbi Brown liner.
the sunlight, the trees and the wind is perfect.
i finger the stretch marks on my stomach and i promise i will love my child more than my mother loves me now.
i will say words that build her (i want a daughter) up and i will never leave her to fight her battles alone when she needs me.
and i will let her run where she wants to but she can always come home and i will give her a home that lets her know she is loved and safe.
this i promise and this i will give to my future child.


 i have 2 hours ++ to write poems
i'll try here

--
i can feel the earth
and it breathes; it has a pulse
the soles of my feet soak into majesty
and it grows in me like a tree
but my fruit becomes black and dies

i can feel your eyes
and they observe but do not cry
the heat in my throat and heart break into your kiss
and it dies inside me like a broken lark
my fruit turns into glass and it shivers

come, tell me to be happy
and be impatient with me and drink from my alabaster jar of envy
come, and make me like you
force yourself into my dungeons
and slash my tongue until i speak the truth

please be violent with me
and please shake me until i moan
then let me wake up beside you
to prove that i am now grown

i can feel this gift
and it breathes; it has a pulse
my body bends and my skin drips
and it contains me like a mouse inside a snake
here my fruit becomes a lion
and runs off into Narnia, the land of conquer and dreams

and here i will chase only you
--

cinnamon buns at Simply Bread
here i come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment