Tuesday, July 17, 2012

silence

It always seems to me like I can't ever catch you at the right time.
I honestly love spending time indulging in conversations that provoke me in every way, and maybe the expectation of having that with someone like you is just... too much? Or is it unnecessary?
But why? I can't deny, it is a necessity to me. It's how I bond. I talk you talk, we understand each other and if we've got chemistry then BAM. I want to revel in every kind of rawness a conversation has to offer, but people get tired and tire of speaking so much to each other. Especially lovers.
Why do two hearts have to be quiet?
Sure, they're quiet, they connect with each other even in silence but they would have already understood each other before that.
I still want to know you some more. There are so many questions I'd like to ask but I don't know if you'd like to answer them.

Silence scares me because there are so many potential misunderstandings that could arise from it alone.

I've stopped counting the amount of times I've silently freaked out - and I do it silently because it brings nothing to the table and it isn't the sort of 'truth' I want to let you know because I already have, but it presents itself to me as a sort of failure.
A failure that doesn't let you open your heart to speak to me.
Speak to me about me, about you, about the world, about ideas, about what makes us work, what makes things work, your ideals, why you gave up on things, why I might give up on things but still hold on - everything.
I want to know everything.
I want to experience you so much, and I haven't felt this desperate to achieve this ever since God knows when.

No comments:

Post a Comment