Thursday, May 30, 2013

2046

Dearest darling,
If we're not lovers anymore, can I be your filmmaking partner?
Perhaps you bring out the artist in me, and I realise that I am starting to appreciate your taste in things and matters that are both trivial and simple-natured because I love you.
If we produce and direct a crime film together, know that I'm doing it out of love.
I sometimes feel like I'm Marina and you are my Ulay, and one day when we leave each other, you will be back for me. Or perhaps I'll be the chaser again, and you may be waiting all the while for me to find you. I will find you.
Do you understand what I'm saying?
I appreciate you.
I adore you.

Love,
m²

Ahem.
So. After watching so many Tony Leung films, I'm starting to realise that my father is almost exactly like the characters Leung plays.
He is of a certain quiet charm (aka a quiet sort of sexy), an entertainer, a thinker and an emotional man when alone.
He read many martial arts novels when he was younger and lived through one of my favourite eras of all time. Talking business was his second language, with alcohol and cigarettes complemented by a manipulative, brilliant mind.
I love how much he loves my mom.
Even though she frequently goes about doing things undecidedly, she can be very careful at many times as well. Perhaps he sees that about her, and understands her subtle humour and that she's a real, faithful life partner.
He knows that she is 'auntie' around certain people, 'proud' among others but always loving when with him; either in my presence or alone.
My parents are such gems. I regret saying I hated my mother.
Our handwriting is almost identical.

No comments:

Post a Comment