Friday, November 7, 2014

Mud Feud

When we are dry, we are drought.

Nothing overflows. 
The mouth is scorched
through and through: a 

Dry crevice 
That cannot close.

But in the mud feud, you
lick me like a core commandment:
Your hands the soothing of thunder,
Your bones the first smiting of lightning
Your gaze the holiest drops of rain

I can hear your face.
The inner voice where 
The pain breaks


         '                         '
                    '   
               '            ''
     ''

           '''         '         ''                            
      
    ''''                                  ' ''
        '        '''         
                            '

and you smell like petrichor 
once more. 

So sing me like a song of Solomon
Forgive this prostitute heart, I am
Unashamed. Brazen.

But as long as you still expect the storm,
I'll run back
Chest first into wet arms,
The heart bowed in service
Like a happy, flippant Prodigal cunt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment